Why is Progressive So Unique with Designing Networks?
What makes Progressive so unique is that we take the time to ensure that your network meets the following requirements:
- STABLE – we understand that your network needs to stable for your business to be productive
At Progressive, we recommend quality, name-brand equipment in order to ensure that we are implementing technology that has been fully tested in network environments. We also design our networks with fault tolerant technologies built-in such as RAID or mirrored drives in order to ensure that the networks we design are stable. More importantly, we ensure that we have the proper staff in place to respond when you do need service to minimize network downtime.
- SCALABLE – properly designed networks must scale appropriately as the business grows.
Today’s business climate is demanding more performance requirements from networked environments. Networks must be able to provide secure wireless access, growth room for large amounts of data such as SANs, server clustering, and virtualized server environments to ensure an efficient disaster recovery strategy. We invest in training our engineers to ensure that they understand how to design networks with adequate room for growth to scale as your business needs evolve.
- MANAGEABLE – in order for your network to continue to perform well, your network should be managed on an ongoing basis.
Along with the need for high-performance networks, businesses are also becoming more reliant on their networks to perform core business functions. By properly managing your network with management features such as Cisco or HP Managed Switches, Network Monitoring, Managed Services, WSUS, Hardware Firewalls, and Corporate Solutions with Management Consoles, your network will perform at a higher level and provide more feedback in terms of actual network performance. Our Network Design Team can assist you with building in management features to maintain your network running at optimum performance levels.
- SECURE – understanding that every business has a different level of risk-tolerance, we feel it is critical to understand the inherent security risks to your organization and to build in the proper security measures to protect your business.
Without question, network security is one of the fundamental concerns for all businesses. Having the proper security measures in place such as Network Monitoring for security breaches, assigned network rights, a strong Corporate Password Policy, Secure Remote Access with VPN, Citrix, or Terminal Server solutions, automatic delivery systems for server/workstation patches, security enhancements on your firewall including Intrusion Protection Services, corporate anti-virus/anti-spam solutions including Gateway anti-virus protection all help to decrease the likelihood of security problems with your network. With many of these security measures, it is just as important to revisit these security strategies on an ongoing basis, as it is to include these services at the very beginning. Our Strategic Planning Teamcan partner with you to develop an ongoing Action Plan to assist you with evaluating your Security Strategy for your network.
- COST-EFFECTIVE – before designing your network, we need to understand both your business and your financial objectives to ensure that we are designing a network that fits within your budget and within the needs of your business.
By supporting small, medium, and enterprise-level organizations, we realize the importance of understanding the fiscal implications when designing or upgrading your network. We partner with you to understand your financial objectives so together we can work within your budget to develop a secure and reliable network for your organization.